XYZprinting Handheld 3D Scanner Review
With a fast scanning ability and high processing speed, the XYZprinting 3D Scanner is packed with some of the best features and specifications. One of its major advantages is that it is a compact, lightweight, handheld 3D scanner that enables you to move around the object for scanning with ease. You no more need a large or complicated instrument for beginning with 3D printing process. You can now replicate the objects digitally and modify them further to finally reproduce them for 3D printing. These scanners are easy to use even if you do not know how to create 3D models. All you need to do is scan a particular object and reproduce them in different sizes or change them completely to create something new.
How does it work?
- Hold the 3D scanner in your hand horizontally.
- Hold it at 3.93 – 27.55 inch from the target. Move it steadily around the object to capture images from various angles.
- Save the digital replicas.
- Finally print the replicas as you like with the help of the 3D printer.
- It is powered by Intel® RealSense™. As a result it is fast in processing speed and scanning ability. It offers great accuracy and reliability for the scanned object.
- It runs on an exclusive software which has two scan models – head mode and object mode. These modes make sure that the scanning results for the 3D portraits are great.
- These are affordable pieces as compared to other 3D scanners present in the current market.
- Intel® RealSense™ Camera
Scan Volume (WxDXH)
- Maximum Scan Volume (WxDXH)
- Head Mode15.75 x 9.84 x 15.75 inch / 40 x 25 x 40 cm
- Object Mode23.6 x 23.6 x 11.8 inch / 60 x 60 x 30 cm
Minimum Scan Volume (WxDXH)
- 1.97 x 1.97 x 1.97 inch / 5 x 5 x 5 cm
Depth Image Size
- 640 x 480 @ 30 FPS
Color Image Size
- 640 x 480 @ 30 FPS
- 3.93 – 27.55 inch
- (10 – 70 cm)
- USB 3.0
- 1.61 x 6.18 x 2.4 inch(41 x 157 x 61 mm)
- 0.52 lbs(238g)
Output File Types
- XYZscan/.stl, .obj
- Windows 8.1 and above (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 above
- Minimum Hardware Requirement
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Process (PC)
- 4G RAM Basic (8G RAM Recommended)
Finally let’s take a quick look at its pros and cons:
- Compact and lightweight
- Great performance
- Basic RAM is 4GB
- Windows Surface Tablets are not supported
The overall printing experience is smooth and the results are precise. It’s a new 3D scanner in the market an is sure to give some tough competition to the already existing ones.